Jade Regent

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Turwaithiel on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Thef began to whine and this finally drew Turwaithiel's attention to the window.

"Who is that?" she signed to Kenai, pointing to the stranger.
Turwaithiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Sandru raised both eyebrows while he listened to the stranger tell his story.
"Well, I can't say I haven't had my fair share of a dryad's mischief, but forgive me for saying you don't look like someone who's lived in the forest for more than an hour." He folded his arms "Who are you, and should I consider you a threat to my business?"
Kanai looked curiously at Turwaithiel and made her way to the window. Seeing the newcomer, she smirked and signed to her elf friend "Let's find iut, shall we?" Before going out to meet this stranger.

Valrogg
Admin

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 pm

"A threat to your business!?" Bruka asked rhetorically "I don't even know what your business is. And just because I've been in the woods all week doesn't mean I cant keep myself clean. If you would prefer I look the part..." Bruka used Prestidigitation to dirty up his cloths a bit.

"As far as who I am... I am Bruka!" Bruka said he bowed.

Calim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Turwaithiel on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:19 pm

By this point, Turwaithiel and Kanai had arrived on the scene. Turwaithiel could tell just by looking at him that he was a strange man indeed.
She looked over at Kanai and signed, "Must be some type of traveling performer."
Turwaithiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Deciding to finish his reading later, he decided to go for a walk. He placed the book back were he found it, hoping it wasn't missed, and looked for his team. It didn't take long for him to find them. They were all at Sandru's caravan, and there seemed to be a visitor. Curiously, he approached.
Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Kanai beamed at that thought, excitedly bouncing on her toes, signing "Do you think he'll dance for us?"
Sandru shrugged and opened his arms "Very well then, Bruka. You're welcome to peruse our goods while we're stopped, perhaps speak with our fortuneteller or our dancer. Just know that we have guards watching and are slightly on edge, we just got finished dealing with an attack on my employees."

Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:24 pm

Bruka wandered around the wagons, inspecting them with Detect Magic. Bruka disliked fortunetellers. He found it difficult to surprise the real ones. And when it came to dancers... no one danced better than a nymph and a satyr under the moonlight. Bruka was more interested in the people of the caravan. He hoped to prolong his stay with them, but the only way to get them to welcome him was to make himself useful. He kept an eye open for any opportunity to prove his value.

Calim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Turwaithiel on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Turwaithiel smiled at Kanai's enthusiasm. It was cute. Perhaps she could convince the performer to put on a show, just for the two of them.
She followed the man, but he seemed more interested in checking out the wagons, which made him slightly suspicious, but she doubted he would have been able to get past her sister and Sandru if he had any evil intentions so she shrugged it off.

When he stopped by another wagon, she approached him. "Excuse me, sir? Would you mind putting on a small performance for me and this lovely young lady beside me?"
Turwaithiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Seeing Turwaithiel and Kanai wander off after the stranger, Jimmy decided to check on them later. They did seem fine after all. Instead he faced Sandru and asked, "Who was that?"
Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Sandru faced his feline compatriot and scratched at his beard "I cannot say for certain. He was a peculiar fellow, by it was obvious he has some talent in magic. Could you keep an eye on him for me, my stealthy friend? I might like to find a use for him."

Kanai stepped up behind Turwaithiel's shoulder, sheepishly watching the gentleman they thought was a performer. She offered a light curtsy, and she watched him intently, her blue eyes fixed on him while she awaited a reply.

Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Bruka turned to the strangers and magically cleaned himself again.
"A performance? Why not?" Bruka said and removed his hat with a smile. He rummaged around in his hat and frowned. He replaced the hat upon his head and said "I'm afraid I've lost my flower."

"Oh well, I will have to borrow yours then" he said as he reached be the taller woman's ear and pulled out a crudely made paper rose. "Plain white? How boring." Bruka flicked the flower with his forefinger and it turned black. He flicked it again and it gained red highlights. He flicked it once more and it turned burst into a cloud of pink confetti.

Not to be outdone by his own act he pulled upon an earlier stunt. The "Pretend to remove your thumb" act. He pulled it out slightly then put it back. Pulled it out further, then put it back. The third time he pulled spread his arms all the way and clapped his hands together. As his hands struck together he burst into a cloud of fine mist. The mist swirled and danced for a moment before it gathered back into the form of Bruka, now bowing at the end of his performance.

He stood upright again, tipped his hat, and said "The name 's Bruka."

Calim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Turwaithiel on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:50 pm

Turwaithiel applauded, genuinely impressed by Bruka's show of magic. Thef on the other hand seemed to be utterly confused by the display. He tilted his head back and forth at the man and whined. Turwaithiel laughed at his behavior.

"I haven't seen him do that in since he was pup," she said as well as signed. She then signed Bruka's name to Kanai, just in case she had missed it.
Turwaithiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:49 am

Jimmy nodded, "Sure." He was about to walk off, but he had one more question. "Are we stopping here, or are we going to travel a little longer?"
Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:42 am

Sandru pondered that for a moment and nodded "Well, we do have a visitor, we can stop for a while. But we will need to get moving again in a few hours, we're not making camp just yet."

Kanai grinned widely while she watched the newcomer and his displays of arcane skill, marvelling at his ability to turn into mist. When it was over she beamed, giving him a round of applause. She gave Bruka a thumbs-up gesture and a wide smile.

Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:19 am

"Alright then, I will go find the others. I will let you know if anything happens." Jimmy turns and walks away, heading of to wherever they went.
Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:55 am

Bruka continues looking around.

Calim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Turwaithiel on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Turwaithiel watched with an eyebrow raised as Bruka walked away without any warning whatsoever, apparently no longer interested in his audience.

"Well he's certainly...strange." Turwaithiel signed. "But I suppose most of his like are."

She saw Jimmy approach them and spoke out loud, while continuing to sign. "Ah Jimmy. Have you had the opportunity to meet this Bruka fellow?"
Turwaithiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:14 pm

Jimmy, shook his head. "I have not. What do you think of him?"
Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Turwaithiel on Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:00 pm

"I personally feel there's definitely something peculiar about him," Turwaithiel admitted. "But he's also pretty skilled with magic it would seem. Perhaps you will be able to get a better read on him."
Turwaithiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:25 pm

"I'll keep a watch on him. Anyways, how are you? You look better." Jimmy said, looking where her wound was.
Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Turwaithiel on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:16 pm

"Thanks to Kanai, who is an excellent healer," Turwaithiel said as well as signed, turning to smile at the female catfolk.
Turwaithiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Valrogg on Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Kanai shook her head modestly, looking away from the elf and rubbing her arm sheepishly. She signs back "If I were better, no one would get hurt at all."
However, as she's signing this, a noise has been building up. Beginning from a low whisper, the volume builds and builds until a chorus of chattering voices is calling down all around them! From above, high in the treetops, goblins are chanting a song of death in their language while they poke their heads out from the treetops. Anyone who can speak Goblin will be able to make out bits and pieces of their macabre music.
"Cut and stab! Gut and munch! Eat these humans up for lunch! Kill their dogs and burn their wagons, take their jewels to the dragon!"
A dull thud sounds out, followed by a high-pitched gurgling noise. One of the goblins seems to have sprouted a feathered shaft from his neck, and as he claws at it he loses his grip on the branch, tumbling off to the side. His bones snap from the fall, landing right in front of Bruka. In a loud, booming voice, Shalelu calls out to the caravan.
"To arms, everyone! It's a raid!"
(Aside from the corpse at his feet, Bruka is faced with two goblin archers in the trees above him. Jimmy and Turwaithiel can see four approaching them, rappelling down from their branches and pulling shortswords.
Everyone Roll Initiative.
Around you, you can notice the others gathering and moving past, going after the wagons. For these goblins, you will each make an attack roll using the Caravan's statistics, as that fight will take place around you during each round. First to roll for the Caravan will be Nicole, then Gary, then Paul, in that order.)

Valrogg
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Calim on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:11 pm

Initiative Roll of 18.
Bruka's first act will be to hit the two goblins with a Burning Hands spell (Ref 17) (Damage Cool. Then as a move action, he will turn into a mist cloud as per my special ability.

Calim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:34 pm

I rolled an initiative roll of 17.
Jimmy raises his bow and fires an arrow at the closest goblin.
Jimmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Turwaithiel on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:41 am

Turwaithiel rolled an Initiative of 13

Thef rolled an Initiative of 16

Turwaithiel raises her bow to attack a goblin, opening her mouth to command Thef to attack but upon the smell of goblin blood, he launches into action, a vicious snarl erupting from his throat.

Caravan attack roll:
Roll(1d20)+8:
12,+8
Total:20
Turwaithiel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next