Jade Regent

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:53 pm

You are gathered with Ameiko at the caravan of one Sandru Vhiski, a middle-aged Varisian man dressed in merchant's garb and sporting a short mustache and beard. Upon seeing you, he greets you warmly, bowing and introducing himself.
"Good afternoon to you! I take it that you are the adventurers Ameiko told me about? Well, any friend of hers is a friend of mine." He gestures to the gathering of wagons and workers "Welcome to my caravan! Usually it's used for trading, but Ameiko says she's looking to go adventuring again!" Sandru leans in close to whisper to you "Don't tell her I said this, but I'm glad she's found a reason to leave that dusty inn of hers, it's been too long since I've seen that fire in her eyes." He waves you along, leading you through to the fortune-teller's wagon. Standing near it is a tall elven woman with a myriad of weapons strapped to her leather armor and an elderly Varisian woman with dark skin and wearing faded, yet elegant robes. "This here is my mother, Koya, and I don't think I need to introduce you to your own sister." Sandru made a knowing grin toward Turwaithiel.
"Hey, sis," Shalelu nods, wearing a stoic expression. A large black wolf pads into the area, sitting at her feet "How's the pup been treating you?" She asks, idly reaching down to pet the wolf.
Ameiko steps forward, having been engaged in conversation with some of the workers, and Ssndru clears his throat.
"Alright, it seems like that's everybody. Now, Ameiko, can you finally tell me where exactly we are headed on this voyage, so to speak?" He asked her curiously, reaching into his pack to rummage for a few maps. Ameiko nods and takes out her grandfather's last message.
"My family was said to have perished in the disaster that befell Brinewall, but this proves that there was more to it than that. I want to go to Brinewall and find out the truth. What they were doing there, and why they were destroyed." Sandru rubs at the stubble on his chin and takes out one particular map, unfolding it on a nearby tree stump.
"Brinewall? That's nearly five hundred miles from here, it will take quite some time to reach it. Mother, what route do you think would be the best to take?" Koya stepped forward and traced out a path on the map.
"The quickest route would take us through the Long Coast Road, we can make stops at Galduria and Wolf's Ear. That will take us to Roderic's cove, near Riddleport."
"I'd rather not go near that place, it's filled with gangsters and criminals." Sandru spoke up "There's an old track to the north of Roderic's cove, it'll follow the river right to Brinewall." He mulls it over in his head "If we make haste, it shouldn't take longer than a fortnight, I'd say."
"I don't have anything against that idea," Ameiko says, looking over the map "Unless my friends have another route planned, we should be able to leave by tomorrow."

[The caravan leaves within the day, is there anything else that you would like to do in Sandpoint before moving on? Any interactions with the other characters that you would like to play out?]

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Turwaithiel on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:52 pm

Turwaithiel is going to speak with her sister. (I don't know how you want us to do this. Do you want us to write a post like a story or something? If so, I have a somewhat funny interaction I want to have happen between Thef and Shalelu's wolf xP)
avatar
Turwaithiel

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:03 pm

(Sort of. It'll be a story post for interaction, and then a Diplomacy or Charisma roll to determine positive or negative effects of the interaction and the character's opinion of your character)

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Turwaithiel on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:21 pm

(All righty then. Here goes I guess?)

"Well..." Turwaithiel begins, glancing down at her wolf.
Thef pads up to the larger wolf, tail wagging and tongue lolling out of the side of his mouth. A warning growl and a raised tail quickly sends Thef, tail now tucked tightly between his legs, back to his master's side.
Turwaithiel mentally facepalms and tries to give her sister her best smile. "He's...still growing." As an afterthought she adds, "He killed and ate almost an entire village of goblins."

(If I did that wrong or if there's anything I need to add I will edit xP)
avatar
Turwaithiel

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Jimmy on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:34 pm

Finding and approaching Kanai, Jimmy holds up a sign that reads "Thanks for healing me in the caves" He then offers his potion of Shield of Faith as a gift.
( is that ok?)
avatar
Jimmy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Shalelu raises an eyebrow at the pup's behavior, shrugging lightly. She does crack a smile, however, when Turwaithiel mentions that he killed a goblin village. 
"I did hear about that. So the Licktoads finally got what was coming to them. I was trying to find their village for a while. Glad to see that you did your part," and as an afterthought, looking to Thef "And that he did his, as well." She retrieved a strip of meat from her pack and tossed it to Thef "Good boy."

Kanai doesn't notice Jimmy at first, but turns to face him calmly when he holds up the sign, seeing it in her peripheral vision. She covers her mouth to stifle a laugh and nods. She takes a charcoal pen from her pack and writes on a pad for him to see as well.
"The pleasure is mine. I shall use this well."

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Turwaithiel on Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Patting Thef's head, Turwaithiel says to her sister, "As much as I'd love to catch up with you right now, I'm going to have to put that off for later. I would like to discuss something with one of my companions."
avatar
Turwaithiel

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:35 pm

Shalelu nodded and reached down to rub Thef under his chin "Well, we can certainly speak later." She heads on off toward Sandru and Ameiko, looking back with one more wave to Turwaithiel.

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:37 pm

Koya nods to Jimmy and waves him over to take a seat with her. "Come, child. What is it you wanted to ask me about?" (Picking up from our last interaction in our last session, what is it you had wanted to ask her, Gary?)

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Jimmy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Shrugging his shoulders, Jimmy asks the first thing that comes to mind, "Are there going to be treasures at the end of this journey?"
avatar
Jimmy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:46 pm

Koya gives a light chuckle and sits back, her eyebrow raised "Do you really need me to read the Harrow for a question like that? Brinewall is a ruin, and where there are ruins there shall always be treasure. Perhaps not in the way you think, but lost civilization is a trove of a great many treasures and experiences." She lets out a wistful sigh "I do believe there will be much to gain by going there, but something bodes ill for Ameiko the closer we get-no matter how much she wants to go there, I shall fear for her safety once we arrive."

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Jimmy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:57 am

Getting a little serious and worried, he asked "Wait, is she in danger?!"
avatar
Jimmy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:37 pm

Koya shook her head, even letting out a little chuckle "Oh, no, child. I've seen nothing in the cards to foretell that, it's just my instincts. Truthfully, I simply won't be able to stop worrying about any of you until this journey is over."

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Jimmy on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Sighing, Jimmy shakes his head, trying to calm back down. "Well, thank you for your time. I should go" And at that, he gets up and returns to his devices.
avatar
Jimmy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:35 pm

Koya nodded and smiled "Any time, young one."

Start of Day Seven:

You manage to make it through the majority of the day unimpeded, and make camp in the evening. 
What will you do today?

(Also, found this little tidbit of info in the player's guide:
 A special gift can increase a friendly Relationship Score with an NPC, while a perfectly crafted insult can increase a competitive Relationship Score. Gifts and insults can’t be just anything—each significant NPC has three categories of gifts and three categories of insults that work particularly well with that NPC. You’ll need to learn what most of these are by 
observing the NPC in play, but the GM will inform you of one gift or insult category for the NPC associated with your Campaign Trait once the campaign begins. You can give a gift or an insult to an NPC once per character level— when you think that you have the right kind of gift (be it an item you found, built, or purchased; in most cases, the cost of the item is irrelevant as long as it’s an honest gift) or have composed the right insult, simply inform the GM of what you intend to do, then make a Diplomacy check (for gifts) or an Intimidate check (for insults). If you roleplay the gift or insult’s delivery particularly well, the GM might award you a +4 bonus on this check, at his discretion. Likewise, if you roleplay the interaction poorly, or if you time things badly enough (attempting to give a gift in the middle of combat, for example), the GM could inflict a –4 penalty on the check. The DC for this check is equal to your current Relationship Score with the NPC. If you succeed at the check, your Relationship Score with that NPC increases by 1 point. If you exceed the DC by 10 or more, your Relationship Score increases by 2 points instead. Giving a gift to a competitor actually reduces your Relationship Score, as does insulting a friend. You must still make the appropriate skill check (Diplomacy or Intimidate); a success reduces your Relationship Score by 1 or 2 points, as above. )

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Jimmy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 am

Walking around the camp, Jimmy spotted Shalelu and her wolf. Curious, he approached them and said, "An impressive companion you have there. What is his name?
avatar
Jimmy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Turwaithiel on Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Tuwaithiel walks around the camp until she find Kanai. Upon spotting her, Turwaithiel signs, "Hello. How are you?"
avatar
Turwaithiel

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Shalelu notices Jimmy approaching and puts down the arrowhead she was carving. "Good evening, cat with an un-catlike name." She cracked a half-smile and gestured to a spot next to her for him to sit. "His name is Jak, named for...someone close to me, and closer to my mother."

Kanai grinned seeing Turwaithiel signing "Your movements are a bit choppy, but you are learning well." She smiled widely to finish her sentence.

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Turwaithiel on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:46 pm

"When I asked, your brother agreed to teach me. I thought it would be easier for us to converse if I learned to sign especially since we're travelling together and there might be moments where swift communication is needed." Turwaithiel didn't always know the correct signs for certain words so she wrote them down on a notepad she had brought with her just in case.
avatar
Turwaithiel

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Jimmy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:18 pm

"Is this a bad subject, would you like to change topics?" Jimmy asks, sitting down.
avatar
Jimmy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Shalelu shook her head, chuckling softly as Jak padded over to lean against her leg. She leaned down to pet him idly "Not at all, it's just complicated is all. I could tell you, if you're not averse to long stories, that is."

Kanai nodded and signed back "It is indeed a very practical form of communication, but I also revel in the chance to have conversation with someone else. I only have one other friend who learned the signs, besides my brother." She also provided a note to provide further translation and instruction, taking care to show Turwaithiel how each word on the paper was made with her hands.

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Turwaithiel on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:04 pm

Curiosity getting the best of her, Turwaithiel asks, "Who was this friend, if you don't mind me asking?"
avatar
Turwaithiel

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Jimmy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Jimmy shakes his head, "With a trip like this, long stories are most welcome."
avatar
Jimmy

Posts : 66
Join date : 2016-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Valrogg on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Shalelu grinned and sat back, scratching Jak behind the ears "Well, Jakardros Sovark is a ranger who leads the Black Arrows. A long time ago, back when he was about the same age as those two other catfolk, he used to travel with an adventuring party. They all died when they defended an elven settlement from a dragon and killed it, but Jak survived. He was nursed back to health by our mother--Turwaithiel and I--, and fell in love with her." She grinned, taking out her bow "He's actually younger than myself by a year or so, but he's like the father I never had. He nearly died almost two years ago, but thankfully Ameiko's friends saved him. We've kept in touch, and he made me this bow. He actually raised my wolf's mother, so I named him after my stepfather so I could have a part of him with me even when we're apart."

Kanai smiled widely at that "She's wonderful!" She signed enthusiastically "Her name is Tenaka, and she traveled with our party when we went on our adventures two years ago." She spelled out each letter individually. T-E-N-A-K-A. "She's the daughter of an air spirit, and she studies ancient civilizations. I never got along with her companion, though. She kept getting jealous of me."

_________________
"You Irish bastard! Shouldn't you be comforting me in my time of need?"
"Exactly. I'm Irish. So...no."
avatar
Valrogg
Admin

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-03-28
Age : 22

View user profile http://aplaceforfriends.userboard.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Turwaithiel on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:23 pm

"Your adventures," Turwaithiel signs. "My sister mentioned a mission you, your brother, and a few others went on. I've been wanting to ask you about that."
avatar
Turwaithiel

Posts : 169
Join date : 2016-03-29
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jade Regent

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum